Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Michelle Albrizio Conquers the Commerce and Leads at Atlantic Environmental

Introducing one of the most talented young ladies of the Women in Business Council and quite honestly, one of the nicest women you'll ever meet. Hear her stories of success, goals for accomplishments and her admiration for Hoboken in today's featured interview.

Meet: Michelle Albrizio
Director of Communications @ Atlantic Environmental Solutions, Inc.
www.solutionsenvironmental.com
malbrizio@solutionsenvironmental.com

Michelle, What inspires you?

After working in Manhattan, coming to Hoboken was a welcome change from the chaos of the city. Hoboken is the ultimate happy-medium of having the city life and the low-key suburban feel. With restaurants, bars and parks everywhere you look, there’s always somewhere to go and something to do, which makes every day a new adventure!

True to that. So tell us about your strengths in business? What are your core qualities?

I have the "get it done, and get it done right" attitude, which has allowed me to accomplish many great things not only for Atlantic Environmental, but for the Chamber of Commerce, which I assist in the running of on a weekly basis. I have been able to organize and execute many great events for both organizations and I find that my determined attitude to make sure that I have done my best to make things as perfect as they can be has made me successful at what I do.

We agree. Thanks for all your help. You've done so much. But do tell.. what is the latest business obstacle you’ve overcome and how did you accomplish it?

About 8 months ago, I made the transition from a behind the scenes employee to a more "visual" one, organizing and attending events and social networking with people from all over the community. It was a welcome change, because I have been lucky to have made relationships both personally and professionally with many wonderful people who have helped not only to promote current business but to collaborate on future events with! Also balancing ALL of the things that I do on a daily basis, getting them done, done right and on-time can be challenging, but its one that I'm always up for!

What’s different about your biz niche that makes you get up and go to work everyday and be your best?

Being surrounded by an amazing group of co-workers and colleagues from the community drive me to do what I do! I have a strong group working with me and behind me, and knowing that their support is there is enough to get me here everyday, because I wouldn't want to let them down!

What’s your favorite part of your job?

I love being able to meet new and different people all the time and hear their stories of how they became what they are today and how they got there. I also love planning different events and being apart of them from start to finish. Its extremely rewarding to see something that started as just an idea on a piece of paper, become an event that people appreciate and enjoy attending!

Now, let's have some Hoboken fun... 

Your favorite restaurant in Hoboken is...
Amanda’s Restaurant. Not only is the atmosphere cozy and inviting, but Eugene and Joyce Flinn, the owners of Amanda’s, always go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The food is AMAZING and is an overall great experience!

Your fave Hoboken hang out is...
For a fun night out with friends, Texas Arizona.

Your fave Frank Sinatra song?
"New York, New York" and "Summer Wind"... its way too hard to pick just one!

Are you a baseball fan? It was invented here in Hoboken. Do you keep up the spirit?

I grew up in a family where from April-October that was ALL that we watched! Go Yankees!!! Maybe we’ll have better luck next year ; )

If you could give Hoboken a headline as the greatest city in the world, what would it be?
One square mile... one GREAT time!

Many, many great times to be had with YOU, Michelle. Thank you for all you do for the Chamber of Commerce and thank you for being a go-getter within our Council. Cheers to Michelle Albrizio, and when you see her at our next Chamber event, make sure you tell her what a great job she's doing both personally and professionally, thanks to knowing more about her in today's feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment